Linguist - French Speaking (m/f/d)
LanguageWire is one of the world’s leading providers of language and content services. Founded in 2000, LanguageWire continually develops unique technology to help brands reach their full global potential. Backed by a worldwide network of language experts and an intuitive online platform, we make it easy to manage multilingual content.
Recently, LanguageWire acquired Xplanation, thereby becoming one of Europe’s leading providers within the industry. It is the ambition to develop LanguageWire into a ‘Powerhouse’ within content services.
We are currently looking for a linguist to our office in Munich, Germany. The position involves focusing on creating a high level of linguistic services for our customers, mainly in Germany.
Role and Responsibility
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Revise, with the help of translation memory software, texts which have been translated by external vendors. This will mainly be for customers in the technical and automotive sectors
- Translate occasionally small jobs for (automotive) customers
- Terminology management
- Project-related customer contact and communication with external resources
- Create, update and promote customer-specific procedures
- Provide linguistic support to external and internal stakeholders
- Follow up on quality of external vendors and take appropriate action to ensure a high-quality vendor pool
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent spoken and written French
- High proficiency in German and English
- A degree in translation
- Professional experience in revising technical texts and content (especially from the automotive sector)
- Experience in using CAT tools is an asset
To be a success in this role, we are looking for a structured person with a high attention to details. You need to be a good communicator with a solution-oriented mindset. We expect a candidate to be a team-player, but also able to work independently.
LanguageWire is a community where communication is open, informal and friendly. The fact that we respect each other personally and professionally promotes collaboration and a positive social environment. We celebrate success and giving and receiving feedback and recognition is a natural part of our corporate culture.
Technology is a big part of what keeps LanguageWire ahead of the competition, but we never forget it’s a business built and powered by people. We ensure that our entire team is happy in what they do, and everyone has the tools they need to achieve. Because at the end of the day, that’s why our customers love to work with us – they enjoy working with a team of enthusiastic people!
If you have any questions to the position as linguist, please send an e-mail to team lead, Patrick Hampp, at [email protected]. Please submit your application and CV through our recruitment system sooner rather than later.